Thursday, June 11, 2009

1 Liter of Tears




"1 Liter of Tears" or "Ichi Rittoru No Namida" (1リットルの涙) is a Japanese drama based on a true story and diary of then, 15 years old, Aya Kitou who suffered from a strange disease called "Spinocerebellar Degeneration" or (SCD) and died on March 23, 1988 at the age of 25.

In the drama, the story starts in year 2005. The main character is named Aya Ikeuchi (Erika Sawajiri). When she was diagnosed to have SCD, she cried a lot but then, she tried her best to live on and still want to help other people, especially those who are suffering from the same disease that she has.

No matter how many times I have watched this series, it only brings more than 1 liter of tears in my eyes. That's why I don't dare to watch this in public. Instead, I put the whole series and the drama special (which was shown 2 years after the drama ended in 2005) on my celphone and watch it from there even the subs are so tiny that it could really make me blind eventually. That's fine.

I admire how Aya's whole family stick together to give her thorough support and courage in fighting her disease. And also, Haruto Asou-kun (Ryo Nishikido). He loved Aya despite of everything and chose to stood by her until Aya slept to eternal rest.

So sad and depressing yet very really realistic, touching and very inspiring. It thought us to treasure life and time more and be productive while we still have the power to do everything. To reach out to everyone and touch their lives even in the simplest way. To accept whatever comes our way and be strong to face it even if it costs us our lives. Not to be stuck in our own shells. To carry a smile despite of hardships in life. To move on. To look forward. To Live on. Forever.




.:": 1 Liter of Tears OST (2005 and 2007) :":.

___

Aya~Chan and Asou~Kun Story FAN MV

I worked on a tribute for this drama for 1 whole week, that's from 31st of March til 06th of June. It's a FAN MV that revolves around the story of Aya Ikeuchi and Haruto Asou's friendship since they met in an overpass near Higashi High School at the day of the entrance exam until Aya bids farewell to Asou-Kun in her hospital bed.

I used the 2 versions of "Tabi" sung by Paraluman which features Kean Cipriano of Calla Lily in the 2nd version for the music of the MV because I think the lyrics of that song fits the story of Aya and Asou-Kun really well. I also translated it in English so people who doesn't understand Tagalog or Filipino will know the beautiful message of the song. But I also want to note that the version with Kean Cipriano was modified and I have it extended because so many nice things happened between Aya and Asou-Kun after Aya was stood up by Kawamoto Senpai in the rain. And I think the original 4 minutes of the song wasn't enough to show it all up. That's why when I edited it in my audio editor, it resulted to 6 minutes. It still wasn't enough but it'll do just fine.

The original version of this MV is more than 11 minutes that YouTube didn't allowed the video to be uploaded because of the 10-minute limit per upload so I decided to cut it into two parts. These MVs were also uploaded in my IMEEM account. The FULL VERSION, however, was also uploaded in my VEOH account along with the two cut parts.

Anyway, I'm still sharing my FAN MVs here.

It's entitled, "1 Liter of Tears - Aya~Chan and Asou~Kun Story."


FULL VERSION



Watch 1 Liter of Tears - Aya~Chan and Asou~Kun Story FULL VERSION (Tabi - Paraluman feat. Kean Cipriano of Calla Lily) in Drama View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

PART 1




PART 2




LYRICS:

"TABI"
Performed by Paraluman

Naranasan mo na bang
Mawalan ng makakasama
Sa gitna ng daan
Hindi alam ang pupuntahan

Huwag mag-alala
Hindi kita pababayaan
Sa iyong tabi
Ako ay iyong mahahawakan

Naranasan mo na bang
Madapa at masugatan
Hawakan mo ako
Hinding-hindi iiwan

Repeat Chorus

Adlib:

Repeat Chorus 3x

___

"BESIDE"
English translation: gothicbetchai

Was there a time that you're
All alone in your life
In the middle of the road
Just don't know where to go

Don't worry too much
I won't let you be astray
Right there by your side
You can always hold my hand

Was there a time that you
Stumbled down and got hurt so bad
Just take me by the hand
I'll never ever leave you behind

Repeat Chorus

Adlib:

Repeat Chorus 3x


___


"Let's live. I want to breathe in the blue sky. The soft breeze. Gently pats your cheek.
Let's live. Don't think one's ugly. Somewhere you'll be useful. Patiently believe.
When i put my hands into my heart. Doki doki. Doki doki.
I hear my heart beating. I'm happy. I'm alive.
"

~ Words of Aya Kitou from "1 Liter of Tears." ~

No comments: