I've been receiving questions about who Sabrina is since i posted the songs in her album, "I Love Acoustic", last month in my imeem account.
Since Sabrina is a newbie in the music scene in the Philippines, so little is known about her. But let me tell you a story. My story, well, shall i put a title on it? Ok, I'll call it, "The Journey in Finding Sabrina."
I was on my way to Alabang, where i work as a flash animator, and in the bus where I'm in, a sweet and angelic voice started to play in the radio. The song is "So Sick." I was like, "Woah!" Who's singing that song I'm loathing? I hate Ne-Yo, alright and I don't like corny hip-hop and RnB songs. They all sound alike. And the lyrics were just jumbled to create another new song. They all preach the same thing! Flirting, sex, couples' separation because the other one is flirting, and the "I'm Better Than You" thing, you know!
Anyway, when the song faded to end, I felt stress-relieved. Voice so soothing and relaxing. That's the first time I actually liked that song, too. She made me like that song. Her version is so much better than the original. I'm being subjective here, ok. I liked it. So much that I hunger for more.
The thing is, at the time, i don't have the slightest idea who the singer is. When I arrived at the studio. I asked my friend if she has an idea of my "So-Sick-Acoustic-Girl-Version-Mysterious-Singer." But she said that the first time she knew about it was that very moment I told her about it.
So ok. I was thinking about it all day. I even searched for it in the net. Yep, zero results.
Work's over. Time to leave. Riding on a bus way home, "Irreplaceable" is playing on the background. And it's not Beyonce. I know her voice and I don't like her. It's acoustic. Angelic and soothing voice. I'm thinking if the singer of the song is the same with my "So-Sick-Acoustic-Girl-Version-Mysterious-Singer" because I recognized her voice so quickly. So I waited until the song ends and the DJ would announce the name of my mysterious singer. But no. The DJ must be asleep and the song following "Irreplaceable" in the programmed playlist plays next.
Was I losing hope. After that day, I never heard any song of her again. Until one day, must be a week after or so my mysterious singer encounters, the date is January 16th. After I finish my work in Ortigas, I went to SM Megamall. I was planning to buy "Dayo Original Soundtrack." Anything in animation is worth collecting for me, add more that "Dayo" is an all-Filipino animation production. I'm an animator myself so I'm supporting my industry.
Upon entering Odyssey, I noticed a familiar voice singing, "When September Ends." I love that song by the way. I played cool though I'm so feeling excited inside. I knew in an instant it would be her, my mysterous singer.
I go straight to the Soundtracks Section and get a hold of the "Dayo" Soundtrack CD. But as usual, before going to the counter, I still scan the store to see what's new and if there's a new interesting animation VCD that's still not in my possession.
In the OPM Section, I saw this Record, the cover is a layout in white background and a silhouette of two guitars with flowers printed on it situated in the top and bottom of the cover. And in the middle, it says that the title of the album is "I Heart Acoustic - Intimate Interpretations of Your Favorite Hits." Thought it's read as "heart" because of the heart drawing there. Also thought, it should be read as "Love" because the "heart" always represents love though I prefer it to be read as "Heart" so it would sound a little different. Sometimes, the word love is so sickening and in my opinion the most abused word in the dictionary. Always used without even meaning it.
I flipped the CD over. there goes the tracklist and to my surprise, my mysterious singer finally had a name. Yes it's Sabrina. Never mind having without a surname. Sabrina is just fine. How do I know that I'm holding on the right CD of my mysterious singer? Of course, "Irreplaceable" and "So Sick" is in the list. The voice is familiar. I know it's her. I waited a little until "When September Ends" ends. And if the next track is "Perfect", then I will have to buy it right away. Now can you guess what happens next?

I stepped my way to the counter, while on the line, i realized that I'm short of cash. i thought of withdrawing from the ATM but I remember that they're always out of 100 bills when it's pay day week. And the line is reaching MRT Shaw Blvd Station. Not literally though. And I'm already starving, too. So I got to decide whether to buy both and I then won't be able to eat dinner and go home or leave the other one and get it when I visited Odyssey again. Ok. I dropped the "Dayo" CD. I'll just return for it next time.

When I got home, I listened to it right ahead. Yes, I finally meet my mysterious singer, Sabrina that is. I had a good sleep that night. The next thing I do is rip the songs and upload it to my imeem so I could still listen to it even when I'm in the studio, working. And also to share Sabrina's talent to the world. That a bad record could be a good one. And the good would be better.
I knew from the very first time I heard her sing, she would be next big thing in the music industry. And I do hope so. I really do.
Since Sabrina is a newbie in the music scene in the Philippines, so little is known about her. But let me tell you a story. My story, well, shall i put a title on it? Ok, I'll call it, "The Journey in Finding Sabrina."
I was on my way to Alabang, where i work as a flash animator, and in the bus where I'm in, a sweet and angelic voice started to play in the radio. The song is "So Sick." I was like, "Woah!" Who's singing that song I'm loathing? I hate Ne-Yo, alright and I don't like corny hip-hop and RnB songs. They all sound alike. And the lyrics were just jumbled to create another new song. They all preach the same thing! Flirting, sex, couples' separation because the other one is flirting, and the "I'm Better Than You" thing, you know!
Anyway, when the song faded to end, I felt stress-relieved. Voice so soothing and relaxing. That's the first time I actually liked that song, too. She made me like that song. Her version is so much better than the original. I'm being subjective here, ok. I liked it. So much that I hunger for more.
The thing is, at the time, i don't have the slightest idea who the singer is. When I arrived at the studio. I asked my friend if she has an idea of my "So-Sick-Acoustic-Girl-Version-Mysterious-Singer." But she said that the first time she knew about it was that very moment I told her about it.
So ok. I was thinking about it all day. I even searched for it in the net. Yep, zero results.
Work's over. Time to leave. Riding on a bus way home, "Irreplaceable" is playing on the background. And it's not Beyonce. I know her voice and I don't like her. It's acoustic. Angelic and soothing voice. I'm thinking if the singer of the song is the same with my "So-Sick-Acoustic-Girl-Version-Mysterious-Singer" because I recognized her voice so quickly. So I waited until the song ends and the DJ would announce the name of my mysterious singer. But no. The DJ must be asleep and the song following "Irreplaceable" in the programmed playlist plays next.
Was I losing hope. After that day, I never heard any song of her again. Until one day, must be a week after or so my mysterious singer encounters, the date is January 16th. After I finish my work in Ortigas, I went to SM Megamall. I was planning to buy "Dayo Original Soundtrack." Anything in animation is worth collecting for me, add more that "Dayo" is an all-Filipino animation production. I'm an animator myself so I'm supporting my industry.
Upon entering Odyssey, I noticed a familiar voice singing, "When September Ends." I love that song by the way. I played cool though I'm so feeling excited inside. I knew in an instant it would be her, my mysterous singer.
I go straight to the Soundtracks Section and get a hold of the "Dayo" Soundtrack CD. But as usual, before going to the counter, I still scan the store to see what's new and if there's a new interesting animation VCD that's still not in my possession.
In the OPM Section, I saw this Record, the cover is a layout in white background and a silhouette of two guitars with flowers printed on it situated in the top and bottom of the cover. And in the middle, it says that the title of the album is "I Heart Acoustic - Intimate Interpretations of Your Favorite Hits." Thought it's read as "heart" because of the heart drawing there. Also thought, it should be read as "Love" because the "heart" always represents love though I prefer it to be read as "Heart" so it would sound a little different. Sometimes, the word love is so sickening and in my opinion the most abused word in the dictionary. Always used without even meaning it.
I flipped the CD over. there goes the tracklist and to my surprise, my mysterious singer finally had a name. Yes it's Sabrina. Never mind having without a surname. Sabrina is just fine. How do I know that I'm holding on the right CD of my mysterious singer? Of course, "Irreplaceable" and "So Sick" is in the list. The voice is familiar. I know it's her. I waited a little until "When September Ends" ends. And if the next track is "Perfect", then I will have to buy it right away. Now can you guess what happens next?

I stepped my way to the counter, while on the line, i realized that I'm short of cash. i thought of withdrawing from the ATM but I remember that they're always out of 100 bills when it's pay day week. And the line is reaching MRT Shaw Blvd Station. Not literally though. And I'm already starving, too. So I got to decide whether to buy both and I then won't be able to eat dinner and go home or leave the other one and get it when I visited Odyssey again. Ok. I dropped the "Dayo" CD. I'll just return for it next time.

When I got home, I listened to it right ahead. Yes, I finally meet my mysterious singer, Sabrina that is. I had a good sleep that night. The next thing I do is rip the songs and upload it to my imeem so I could still listen to it even when I'm in the studio, working. And also to share Sabrina's talent to the world. That a bad record could be a good one. And the good would be better.
I knew from the very first time I heard her sing, she would be next big thing in the music industry. And I do hope so. I really do.




3 comments:
it's a big surprise for me when i read your blog about sabrina, coz i really do searching about her too. what i first heard from her album was "She's Beautiful" i said to myself... who is she? i like her voice, i try to look for MYMP but its not.... then the other day i heard again with the same voice singing "Home" to which my favorite from C.Daughtry.... until i found out just today i got her CD and try to search about SABRINA.... ^nins^
hey..tnx for your blog..hnhnap ko dn cia eh..hahah..mpnuod ko kc un vtr ng a thousand miles sa mtv phil.
hi! your stories are really interesting...thanks for supporting my sis!
Post a Comment